3D Software Developer
Berlin / Remote
we are looking for a 3D Software Engineer to join our small but ambitious team of experts with multiple years of experience in public transport design, digital product design and AAA video game development. If you love questioning the established, dare to take on challenges and are driven to create valuable tools and products then we should get in touch!
We are still small, without any hierarchies in place. Concerning your role, we are open to talk about occasional part-time help, full-time CTO — or anything in between.
What you will be doing
- Take responsibility for the development of a brand new virtual design tool
- Develop and implement a geometry creation and manipulation back-end
- Develop and implement a range of features and interaction patterns
- Evaluate and implement third-party software
- Monitor and manage technical performance
- Identify requirements, risks, and dependencies
This qualifies you
- Strong knowledge of C++ development
- Good knowledge of best practices and design patterns
- Understanding of 3D algorithms and math, especially in 3D mesh manipulation, computational geometry, and linear algebra
- Experience developing real time 3D applications
This will peak our interest
- Experience of development in Unreal Engine 4 and its Blueprint system
- You dabbled with 3D content creation or CAD Tools before
- An unwavering can do attitude, an open mindset and the urge to tackle new challenges
- You get lost in VR once in a while
- You are Located in Berlin or Hamburg
What’s Onboard again?
Onboard is a disruptive spatial design tool for creatives. With Onboard we set out to develop a tool that enables the transportation industries to tackle the challenges of future public mobility. Onboard is a fully equipped, virtual prototyping workshop, empowering its users to rapidly design, mock-up and explore interior design concepts right inside the carbody or fuselage. Our approach is to shift the focus away from technical factors towards human needs. Onboard provides a carefully designed space that encourages empathic thinking, and the hands-on creation of truly human-centered experiences.
What we are offering
→ Say hello!
- A central role in the development of a new virtual design tool
- If we get along great, there is a chance to assume the role of CTO
- An open door into the transportation industries
- The mission to help people create better and more inclusive future vehicles
- Ability to work on the cutting-edge of technology – but with a real use case
- A small but highly experienced and ambitious team and the opportunity to grow with us